Full Mouth Reconstruction in Connecticut
Full mouth reconstruction allows patients to restore their smile after tooth loss or trauma. This procedure involves replacing missing teeth with implants, crowns, bridges, veneers, and other restorative procedures. At Shoreline Dental Care, we use state-of-the-art technology to create a beautiful new smile that will last you a lifetime.
What is a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
A full mouth restoration is a comprehensive dental treatment plan designed to replace all of your missing teeth. It includes everything from implant placement to crowns and bridges. This procedure aims to give you a strong and healthy smile that looks and feels natural.
There are many benefits to getting full mouth reconstruction surgery. Some of these include:
How Does A Full Mouth Reconstruction Work?
A full mouth reconstruction requires several steps:
- The first step is always to have a consultation with our dentist so we can determine what your needs are. The consultation may include a visual examination, x-rays, 3-D imaging, or impressions of your teeth, mouth, and gums.
- Next, we’ll create a treatment plan and design your new smile. The treatment plan will depend entirely on your needs, but may involve a combination of tooth extractions, periodontal treatment, bone grafting, placing of dental implants, or placing of bridges, crowns, or veneers.
- Then comes the exciting part: treatment! Some treatment plans will call for only one surgery, where all the work can be done in one appointment. Other plans may require you to have your procedures done in several steps, with healing time in-between.
- Finally, you’ll come in for follow-up appointments to ensure you’re happy with your new smile.
Restorative Dentistry Treatments Involved in a Full Mouth Reconstruction
One or more of the following dental procedures may be included in a full mouth reconstruction:
- Dental Implants: These small titanium posts are placed into the jawbone, where they fuse with bone tissue. Once fused, they act as anchors for replacement teeth. Implants also support crowns and bridges.
- Dental Crowns: A crown is an artificial cap that covers a tooth. They are used to protect broken or damaged teeth and to improve aesthetics.
- Bridges: A bridge connects two crowns on either side of a gap between teeth. Bridges are often used when there is insufficient healthy gum tissue to attach crowns directly to adjacent teeth.
- Veneers: These are thin layers of porcelain applied to the front surface of teeth. They can cover minor cosmetic imperfections such as chips, cracks, stains, or gaps between teeth.
- Gum Grafts: Gum grafts are pieces of gum tissue attached to the top of the implants. They help prevent infection and allow the implants to fuse with the jawbone.
- Root Canal Therapy: Involves cleaning out infected areas inside the root of a tooth. We use special tools to clean the nerve endings and seal off the empty spaces.
- Tooth Extraction: Involves tooth removal due to decay, injury, disease, or other reasons.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best candidates for full mouth reconstruction are those with multiple missing or damaged teeth due to decay, gum disease, injury, or oral health issues.
Depending on how extensive your case is, we may be able to complete your full mouth reconstruction within one day. However, most cases require several appointments to ensure that our team has created a perfect smile for you.
Once your full mouth reconstruction is completed, you should see results immediately. You’ll notice an improvement in your appearance as soon as you finish treatment. Your smile will indeed look better than ever before.
No. A smile makeover focuses on improving the cosmetic appearance of your smile. In contrast, full mouth reconstruction involves replacing missing or damaged teeth to ensure that they not only look good again, but most importantly, function properly.
Choose Shoreline Dental Care For Your Full Mouth Reconstruction
Shoreline Dental Care is committed to providing our patients with the best dental care in Connecticut. Our team of highly experienced dentists uses advanced techniques and technologies to ensure that every patient receives the highest quality results. If you want to achieve a beautiful, healthy smile, call us today to schedule a consultation.