An important Covid-19 update
Dear Valued Patients and Friends of Shoreline Dental Care,
We hope this message finds you well as we begin the process of safely bringing patients back into our office for routine care. We are so proud of our community’s response to Covid-19, and so very grateful to have the opportunity to serve our patients during this time.
In line with the guidelines set by Governor Ned Lamont, Shoreline Dental Care will begin scheduling routine appointments on a limited basis starting June 1st. We have continued to closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) via the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH), and the American Dental Association.
As we anticipate moving forward with the highest level of safety and consideration for our patients and staff, we want to inform you of the measures that we are taking. We greatly appreciate your understanding and THANK YOU for taking these steps with us.
- We ask all patients who have a fever, symptoms of a respiratory infection, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, GI distress, loss of taste and/or smell, or have been exposed to a person with coronavirus (COVID-19), the flu or any other communicable disease to reschedule their appointments.
- Our office will text a link to a pre-check-in survey that includes a short Covid-19 screening questionnaire prior to your appointment.
- You will be asked to have your (no touch) temperature taken upon arrival.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask upon entering the facility. This can be homemade, medical-grade, bandanna, scarf, etc.
- Only patients and caregivers are allowed in the building. Caregivers include the parent of a minor or those needing assistance. Anyone else will be asked to wait outside while the patient has their visit. All caregivers will be asked to follow the same protocols as the patient when entering the facility.
- Please do not wear gloves. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
- Staff will sanitize workstations and counters continuously throughout the day.
- Patients will be asked to use a disinfectant mouth rinse before any procedure.
- Clinical staff members will be utilizing extra protective equipment as recommended by the CDC.
- We have also installed Surgically Clean Air Purifiers throughout our facilities as well as advanced water purification for all dental drills and equipment.
- We have added plexiglass partitions to our front office area.
- The entire facility is disinfected nightly using ozone sterilization technology.
As we take measures for the continued safety of our patients and staff, please remember that the best way to prevent the spread of communicable disease is cleanliness and hand washing. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety! Please visit our website often for additional information and updates.
We wish you and your family good health!
Your Dental Healthcare Team at Shoreline Dental Care